As we get ready for the dog days of summer to begin in earnest (hello, August!), we’re thinking of all the summery things still left to-do on our summer to-do lists. From lighthearted cocktails to soap-on-a-rope, we’re kind of all over the map this week. But that’s the best part of summer: with the return of summer fridays you have a chance to try new things, see new places, taste a new food and/or drink (and buy new [insert noun here]). So, without further ado, our eclectic round up of the week.
- Need a change of perspective and/or a dose of cuteness? Here’s your one stop shop for both (you’re welcome :)
- Summer packing by the pros: this guide has us bookmarking a ton of new products to try (decisions, decisions)
- We’ve been on a real negroni kick lately, but the warm weather has us looking for something a bit lighter: we’re thinking this second-cousin-once-removed recipe will do the trick (for those of you in NYC, take a field trip to the bar at Lincoln for a build-your-own-negroni experience par excellence)
- Missing summer camp? How about arts & crafts hour? Bring back the memories with a little DIY soap-on-a-rope (if only for the fun of saying “soap-on-a-roap” over and over again)
- It’s the final stretch of wedding season: keep it all in perspective with this “innovative” way of being picked for the bridal party (it’s one way to deal, we suppose…)